Pages

How to stop biting your nails

Hello Everyone,

This  little post is going to be some tips and tricks to finally stop biting my nails.
 
When I was about 10 I got so fed up with my fingers hurting I decided to stop biting and grow my nails . This wasn't as easy as first thought , my nails were so weak that they would break and id just go back to biting them aging. This was frustrating as I just wanted pretty long nails, but there was a way and I got around it.

After a while of failing I came across a review for the Stop 'n' grow . This is a clear nail polish which tastes absolutely revolting ! It's so bitter and sickly , but the idea of it is that every time you go to bite your nails , the taste stops you . Pretty good idea huhh?
 
£4.90
 
So I though, right I'm going to get this and stop once for all . This is mainly what got me on the road to stop biting my nails . I would re-apply a coat of the varnish around twice every week for about 2 months - really until I didn't even think about biting my nails. I was really proud but my nails were still extremely weak from years on biting that they would break. This also didn't help because every time a nail would snap, I really wanted to bit them again!
 
This is when I found a nail hardener called  Sally Hansen Hard As Nails and this has transformed my nails . It took a while to start working but after it did , my nails stopped breaking and started growing . I put this on my nails about two times a week which not only made my nails look nice and healthy  but made them strong ! 
£2.66
 
During this time I also kept my nails fairly short. I would cut them level with the tip of my finger so they were less prone to breaking and I could grow out and cut of all the damaged nail away.

After my nails began to be stronger and look much better, I  started to cut them a little less often and they got longer . However as they grew, I noticed I was no longer biting them but I would put them between my teeth which started to make them weaker aging. Luckily I still had the Stop 'n' grow nail varnish so I began to re apply it aging until I stopped all together.

Explaining this it seems like this all happed with in a few weeks but it took about 5 months to stop biting them completely as it had always been a bad habit of mine . However  to get my nails in the strong Healthy condition they are I think was about a year . 

And this is them:)
 Not bad for someone who used to bite them!

It can be so hard to stop a habit that  you've always had but it is possible. As long as your patient and you are willing to stop then you can do it! 
 
I hope this post has been helpful as I know how hard it was so stop , even if you don't bite your nails I hope that it was helpful and inspired you to stop a different habit!
 
Much Love Chloe x

2 comments: