Pages

D.I.Y Kimono


Hello Everyone,

 Today I'm going to show you a super easy D.I.Y for a kimono. Its cost efficient and so easy. 

Top Tip:  instead of buying fresh material, pick out a big scarf with the pattern you like. Make sure it reaches from elbow to elbow and is long enough for your preferences.

 -so  here is a quick overview of what we will be doing


Step one: fold your material in half with the flooded edge at the top. MAKE SURE the material or scarf is inside out. This is so all your sewing will be in the inside when you turn it the right way.


Step two: depending on how long your kimono is, you need to measure up the sides to sew. Leave some space at the top for your arm.


I am measuring 60cm because mine is quite long, I’m going to mark that will a pin



Take a colour of thread closest to you kimono and sew up the sides. Then repeat on the other side


Step 3:  now you want to find half way to create the opening. Simply measure along the bottom and half the number
them mut you tape measure in a straight line just as a guide so you cut straight



Step 4: cut a straight line all the way until the fold – NOTE: only cut the top layer. You don’t want to cut both or it won’t work!


Step 5: last but not least sew up all your raw edges and cut away any loose threads.


And you’re done! I love this was as it is super cheap and easy to do. Especially considering more shop brought kimonos are around £20 – I really hope this has been helpful and if you’d like me to do some more D.I.Y let me know. - also to see the finished kimono on go to my other post http://chloewillis1000.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/sping-look-book-out-fit-1.html

Much love Chloe x

6 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I have tagged you in my first date post, I had a lot of fun making it, I hope you do too! Make sure to post the link to your post on my post, I would love to read it!
    http://floorsworld.blogspot.be/2014/07/the-first-date-tag.html

    xx Floor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw okay , I'll defiantly have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this post! DIY's are my faves and this was such a great one too!! I would never of thought that it was this simple to make a kimono, definitely trying this out soon!
    Lovely blog doll,
    Lauren xo


    http://beautymay.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! same, i love being able to make my own things which are more unique and super cheap! if you do recreate this, make sure to send me a picture!! x

      Delete
  4. That's awesome!

    http://labloguerapelirroja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete